Park & Play Shellharbour is an exciting new activity for young children and their carers in the Shellharbour area brought to you by Family Services Illawarra
FREE weekly play sessions are being held in parks and outdoor spaces in local neighbourhoods around Shellharbour City and all parents and carers of children aged 0-5 years are welcome to get involved.
Park & Play Shellharbour brings groups of young children and their carers together to enjoy simple, but fun play activities in great outdoor locations close to where they live.
The play sessions are safe and supported by friendly, trained staff. The sessions provide parents and carers with an opportunity to meet other adults caring for young children in the local area.
Play is fun, but most importantly, it helps children learn about the world and each other. The Park & Play sessions will also provide lots of ideas for fun play activities that parents and carers can recreate at home.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
There are two ways of getting involved in a Park & Play session
- See the details of the times and locations of play sessions listed below, and simply turn up with your child/ren.
- Contact Family Services Illawarra if you have any questions or need any further information.
Phone: 4255 5333
PLAY SESSION DETAILS
Each play session will run for two hours from 10 am – 12 noon during school terms.
The locations of Park & Play sessions will change regularly over the next two years, to include a variety of neighbourhood parks and outdoor play spaces across the Shellharbour area
NOTE: Parents or carers are required to be present at all times.
The accompanying adult is responsible for the supervision and safety of their children.
Play sessions are suitable only for children aged 0-5 years.
The days and locations of Park & Play sessions for Terms 1 and 2, 2014 are as follows:
Mood Park, Tongarra Road, Albion Park
Garrard Reserve, Garrard Ave, Mount Warrigal
Little Park, Addison Street, Shellharbour
Central Park, The Boulevarde, Oak Flats
Graham Park, View Street, Lake South
Collins Reserve, Glider Ave, Blackbutt
Croome Cemetery Park, Cedar Street, Albion Park Rail
Boonerah point Reserve, Reddall Pde, Mount Warrigal
WHAT TO BRING
- Please pack a suitable nutritious snack, plenty of water to drink and a smile
- Children will need sun protection whilst playing outdoors. This should include sun screening your child 20 minutes prior to attending a Park and Play session, wearing appropriate sun protective clothing and all children attending should wear a suitable sun protective hat.
- If a child is injured whilst attending a Park & Play session, basic first aid will be administered. Any additional treatment will be the responsibility of the parent or carer present.
- All the play sessions are smoke free zones.
- All Park & Play staff undergo the NSW Working With Children Check.
Download Park & Play brochure as a PDF here.
Park & Play Shellharbour is co-ordinated by Family Services Illawarra and is an activity of Communities for Children Shellharbour, www.c4cshellharbour.blogspot.com.
The Communities for Children initiative is funded by the Australian Government under the Stronger Families and Communities Strategy.
Back to top >